European Social Fund
The European Social Fund (ESF) was established as the European Union’s (EU) primary vehicle for supporting employment, social cohesion and equity in employment within member states. Funds are distributed to EU member states to support agreed projects bid for by beneficiaries, public and private sector organisations who have been successful in bidding to the lead ESF organisation in their region.
- Health Education England handy tips on the European Social Fund (ESF)
Apprenticeships are funded either via the levy (for employers with a payroll of over £3million) or via co-investment for smaller employers. Each standard is assigned one of 30 Funding Bands which range from £1,500 to £27,000. You can read full details about how funding works on the Education and Skills Funding Agency pages here.
NHS Employers has some excellent resources available, including how to use the levy, how to access the Digital Account Service, how to transfer funds and more.
All funding enquiries must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If organisations pay the apprenticeship levy they can transfer apprenticeship funds to other organisations to pay for their apprenticeship training and assessment (from April 2018).
- Health Education England 10% Levy Transfer Procurement and Contracting Guidance
- Health Education England NHS 10% levy transfer process guide
- NHS Employers Apprenticeship 10% levy transfer briefing
- HASO news item 10% transfer
- HASO news item Transferring Apprenticeship funds