The Education and Skills Funding Agency produce a list of rules for employer providers, training providers and performance management.
- Education and Skills Funding Agency Funding rules
Apprenticeships are funded either via the levy (for employers with a payroll of over £3million) or via co-investment for smaller employers. Each standard is assigned one of 30 Funding Bands which range from £1,500 to £27,000. You can read full details about how funding works on the Education and Skills Funding Agency pages here.
NHS Employers has some excellent resources available, including how to use the levy, how to access the Digital Account Service, how to transfer funds and more.
All funding enquiries must be directed to email@example.com
If organisations pay the apprenticeship levy they can transfer apprenticeship funds to other organisations to pay for their apprenticeship training and assessment (from April 2018).
- Health Education England 25% Levy Transfer Procurement and Contracting Guidance
- Health Education England NHS 25% levy transfer process guide
- Health Education England Receiving Employer Guidance
- HASO news item Transferring Apprenticeship funds
- A recording of a webinar given by HEE staff on the whole process
- Updated FAQs
- EOI forms for receiving and transferring organisations
Reserve Apprenticeship Funding
As a smaller employer, who does not pay the apprenticeship levy, you can reserve funds in the ‘finance’ section of your apprenticeship service account. You can also give your training provider permission to reserve them on your behalf.
The Department for Education produces regular statistics on apprenticeships and the levy.
- Department For Education Levy Statistics