The Prince’s Trust Health and Care Programme
The Prince’s Trust work closely with Health Education England (HEE) to support, recruit and train young people aged 16 to 30 who are interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare support workforce and social care.
The support package includes two pre-employment programmes “Get Into” & “Get Started” as well as 1-1 mentoring. The programmes are tailored to fulfil organisations workforce needs and give young people a real understanding of the roles and career opportunities available in the sector.
- Get Into – This in-depth programme focuses on increasing young people’s chances of securing employment within the sector. “Get Into” lasts between four to six weeks and is a combination of class-based learning and hands-on work placements giving young people a real insight into what working in a Health and Social Care environment is like.
- Get started – A two-to-three-day intensive programme designed for those who feel ready to start working now; combines employability skills and interview preparation training linked to live sector job opportunities.
- Mentoring – Young people are matched to a mentor for up to six months who will support them 1-1 as they prepare for and start employment.
To find out more click here.
If you’re an NHS or independent health or social care employer wishing to explore how you can work with the Princes Trust, please email email@example.com
NHS Cadets is a new programme aimed at young people aged 14 to 18 providing opportunities to explore roles in healthcare. The aim of the programme is to reach a diverse range of young people who have barriers to entering health volunteering and/or a healthcare career.
The cadets will help to improve care for patients while offering a route into health service employment for up to 10,000 young people.
The programme is funded equally by NHS England and St Johns Ambulance to provide 14 to 18-year-olds with first aid training, courses to develop their leadership skills, and volunteering opportunities in the NHS
- Find out more HERE
- Examples of Trusts that support the NHS Cadet programme – click here
- Northamptonshire NHS Foundation Trust – Start your pathway into healthcare – NHS Cadets for 14 – 16 year olds.