National Numeracy is an independent charity established in 2012 to help raise low levels of numeracy among both adults and children and to promote the importance of everyday maths skills.
Improve your everyday maths with the Numeracy Champions Network
The Numeracy Champions Network offers a space to explore becoming a numeracy champion, to interact and share best practice for supporting numeracy in the workplace.
You can access materials to help you champion numeracy in your workplace and support colleagues in improving their numeracy. Areas of support include:
- Videos on Value, Belief and Persistence as well as the Essentials of Numeracy
- Workshop Plans and Learner Session Slides
- Facilitation Tips
- Top Tips for Learners
- Comms in a box such as posters posing questions like: How do you feel about maths?
You can also network with other numeracy champions across the country. The network is maintained by National Numeracy and funded by Health Education England.
Improve Everyday your everyday maths with the National Numeracy Challenge
The Challenge is a free, online learning tool designed to help you improve your everyday maths skills in manageable steps whilst building your number confidence. It has been designed to be quick check, it only takes around ten minutes to practise or check your skills, videos to show that however you feel about maths, you’re not alone, and increased flexibility, so that you can choose what you want to do.
- Quickly check your everyday maths
- Improve your skills
- Increase your confidence with numbers
- Find out the level you’re working at, your strengths and weaknesses, and print a certificate
- Get the ‘Essentials of Numeracy’
- Get yourself ready in your own time to take a more formal maths course