The pharmacy team makes a difference to the lives of individuals through an expert knowledge of medicines and health. They help people live longer and healthier lives based on the safe use of medicines and excellent healthcare advice.
Members of the pharmacy team may work in a hospital, GP practice or community pharmacy setting.
The Pharmacy Apprenticeship Standards printable gives an overview of the standards available in this area.
The following apprenticeship standards are available:
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant
- Level 3 Pharmacy Technician
- Level 6 Enhanced Clinical Practitioner
- Level 7 Advanced Clinical Practitioner
- Level 7 Clinical Pharmacology Scientist
- Level 7 Medical Statistician
Follow the links to see more about each apprenticeship including the stage of development, funding band and duration. You can also download the standard and end point assessment documents as well as checking the training providers and end point assessment organisations that may be available.
You can access our Pathways Tool here.
This tool allows you to see more about how apprentices may progress from one occupation to another.
Case Studies / Resources:
- IfATE Occupational Maps – Useful for exploring apprenticeships by occupational route
- Lucy Preene – Level 3 Pharmacy Technician
- Meet the Mentor – Georgina Hirsh
- Roles in the Pharmacy Team – Health Careers
- Apprenticeship Costing Calculator / Planning Tools.
- Enhanced Clinical Practitioner – Employer Guidance