The Prince’s Trust is working in partnership with NHS England to support, recruit and train young people aged 16 to 30 who are interested in pursuing a career in health and care.
The support package includes two pre-employment programmes, “Get Into” & “Get Started” as well as 1-1 mentoring. The programmes are tailored to fulfil organisations’ workforce needs and give young people a real understanding of the roles and career opportunities available in the sector.
- Get Into – This in-depth programme focuses on increasing young people’s chances of securing employment within the sector. “Get Into” lasts from four to six weeks and is a combination of class-based learning and hands-on work placements giving young people a real insight into what working in a Health and Social Care environment is like.
- Get started – A 2-3 day intensive programme designed for those who feel ready to start working now, combines employability skills and interview preparation training linked to live sector job opportunities.
- Mentoring – Young people are matched to a mentor for up to six months who will support them 1-1 as they prepare for and start employment.
Learn more about the Princes Trust Health and Care Programme here.
If you’re an NHS or independent health or social care employer wishing to explore how you can work with the Princes Trust, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS Employers – Widening local participation through partnering with The Prince’s Trust
- NHS Employers – Prince’s Trust career pathways