The 2023 – 2024 Funding rules come into effect for Apprenticeship starts from 1st August.
In this years funding rules there have been a few changes:
- Rather than having separate rules documents for providers, employers and employer-providers there is now one single document.
- Policy change from active learning every 4 weeks to active learning every calendar month. This change will apply to new starts and to existing learners on programme on 31 July 2023.
- Progress reviews must take place at least 4 times per year. These must be carried out at least every 12 weeks (unless there is an evidenced delivery reason, such as module length, to adopt an alternative frequency). This policy change will apply to new starts and to existing learners on programme on 31 July 2023.
- Progress reviews can be virtual.
- That if planned off-the-job training is unable to take place as scheduled in any calendar month, a retrospective break in learning is not required, as long as there is active learning in the following calendar month. All missed activity must be re-planned and delivered, so that the full content of the training plan can still be delivered.
You can access the funding rules here.
Visit our Funding and Levy page for further guidance.