The South Yorkshire Region have a long-established support network for the Apprenticeship Leads of the NHS Trusts to meet, share best practice and collaborate on programmes where possible.
When the trainee Nursing Associate (tNA) programme became an apprenticeship, this partnership group collaborated to select a Higher Education training provider, standardise entry criteria and uniforms and to support placements.
An initial memorandum of understanding was set up in 2018 to allow movement of apprentices into alternative employers for placement experience. In 2021 it was agreed that it was time to refresh this memorandum.
Read the NHS South Yorkshire Apprenticeship Placement Agreement case study to learn more about this work.
The following trusts were involved in this programme:
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Rotherham, Doncaster & South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
- South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Rotherham Hospitals
- Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust