How ready is your organisation to start delivering T-Level Industry placements?
An industry placement is a period of structured time (at least 315 hours, equivalent to 45 days) that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
The ‘Maturity Modelling tool’ is a self-assessment tool to plot where an organisation is on their T-level journey from early to mature. This should be completed by either the T-level, Apprenticeship or Widening Participation Lead.
The Department for Education, supported by Strategic Development Network (SDN), Health Education England and NHS Employers are running a 1½-hour webinar on Thursday 23 November at 9am to give you an introduction to what industry placements look like in health sector organisations.
The session will take you through:
- The benefits of offering industry placements for health sector organisations
- How industry placements, apprenticeships, and work experience can work together
- The roles and responsibilities for you; for the student; and for the education provider
- How to make sure industry placements are a success for you and the student
- Government support available to help you now, including financial incentives, online resources and direct support from a specialist.
The webinar will include input from an employer already offering industry placements in a healthcare organisation.
You can find out more and register here