We are pleased to announce that employers submitted a proposal to the Institute for Apprenticeships to develop an apprenticeship standard for Orthodontic Therapist.
If approved it will mean that an employer led group can come together as a Trailblazer to develop the Apprenticeship Standard and accompanying end-point assessment plan. The outcome will be an apprenticeship opportunity that can be deployed widely across the health sector.
The Institute for Apprenticeships will hold a short consultation on the proposal. When available, the survey can be found here.
Further communications are planned to let you know more details about next steps when the outcome of the proposal is known.
The employers named in the proposal are:
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincoln Hospitals Trust
- Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Crystal Peaks Orthodontics, Sheffield
- Orthodontics by Eva, Winchester
- Smile Orthodontics, Norwich
- Saltaire Orthodontics, Bradford
- Junction Dental, Heckmondwike
- Ortho Studio, Rotherham
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust