The Department for Education (DFE) have published statistics covering apprenticeship starts, apprenticeship service registrations and commitments.
Below are the key headlines from the report:
- As at 31st August 2019, there have been a total of 19,600 Apprenticeship service accounts registered
- As at 31st August 2019, 219,800 commitments had been recorded for the 2018/19 academic year (214,700
fully agreed and 5,100 pending approval)
- As at 31st August 2019, there were 1,020 commitments entered into the apprenticeship service, where the transfer of funds between apprenticeship service accounts has been approved, with 30 commitments pending approval for the transfer of funds
- There have been 389,200 apprenticeship starts reported to date in the 2018/19 academic year (August
2018 to July 2019)
- Of the 389,200 apprenticeship starts reported so far in 2018/19, 63.2% (245,900) were on apprenticeship standards
The statistics also include monthly apprenticeship starts information for the provisional full 2018 to 2019 academic year.
For further information and to download the full report, please click here.