Health Education England’s (HEE) Talent for Care team funds access to market-leading self-study software – basic key skills builder (bksb) for NHS and social care workers.
You can use this to:
- Develop skills in English and maths for individuals and cohorts
- Support functional skills requirements for learners undertaking an apprenticeship
- Generally upskill employees of all types
Access to this software is enabled by HEE to support those who may otherwise be excluded from entering into and/or progressing through a career pathway due to maths and English needs.
It is not to be utilised for the following purposes:
- As a screening tool for recruitment
- To exclude individuals from access to employment or educational opportunities
Where a certain level of functional skills is required for a role or course, we expect bksb to form part of the solution to support an individual to work towards this goal. If you have questions about this, or would like to discuss it, please speak to your regional apprenticeship relationship manager. If an employer does not use the funded access in the intended spirit, HEE reserves the right to remove access for that organisation.