The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has launched its Flexibility Framework. This guidance is mainly for End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAO) and External Quality Assurance Providers (EQAP), although may be of interest to training providers and employers.
In order to avoid disruption, the planned date for changes to flexibilities has been moved back to 30th June 2022. You can access further information on the IfATE website here.
There were 10 types of flexibility made available to use across all apprenticeships in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Some of these required prior approval from the external quality assurance provider (EQAP) on a case-by-case basis to ensure validity and comparability.
Seven of the ten flexibilities will be retained as options to use beyond 1 March 2022. These are:
- Observations taking place in simulated environments
- Remote delivery of assessment (including invigilation)
- Pauses being allowed between assessment methods during End-Point assessment period
- Assessments taking place outside of usual venues
- Delivery of assessment methods in any order (when a specified order is in the assessment plan)
- Exams/tests being online instead of on paper (where originally specified as paper-based only)
- Gateway sign off being done remotely (where originally specified as having to be face to face)
Click here for further information.