Quality Assurance of end point assessment is carried out by:
- Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) or
- OfS (Office for Students) for integrated higher and degree apprenticeships.
Ofqual has published its first statistical report on the volumes and outcomes of regulated end-point assessments taken by apprentices in England.
This report contains detailed statistics for the period March 2022 to February 2023 including:
- In total 124,750 regulated EPAs (End Point Assessments) were taken by apprentices and 110,575 EPAs were completed.
- Out of all apprentices completing EPAs during this period, 89.8% passed all required components at the first attempt.
- First-attempt pass rates in level 3 and level 4 EPAs were lower than in level 2, 5, 6, and 7 EPAs. First-attempt pass rates in EPAs for Early years educator and Early years practitioner apprenticeship standards were lower than the overall first-attempt pass rate.
- There were 121 AOs (Awarding Organisations) delivering apprenticeship EPAs regulated by Ofqual for 388 apprenticeship standards. Numbers of AOs and EPAs have continually increased each year since 2020, following the requirement for them to be regulated.