Project Choice, NHS England and NHS Employers have been working together over the past year to develop employer resources for employing people with a learning disability and/or autism into Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW) roles.
Information about reasonable adjustments is now also available for NHS Trusts, and it is intended that the resource can be applied to any NHS role and be available as a “universal resource”.
Click on the below links to learn more:
- The NHS Learning Disability Employment Programme
- An inclusive approach to disability leave
- Making reasonable adjustments to support disabled staff in their roles
- A guide to improving staff disability data
- Embedding the Workforce Disability Equality Standard
- Supporting disabled staff in the workplace
- How to recruit and support disabled staff in the NHS
You can also access these resources here.