The government has announced the first twelve new employer-led Institutes of Technology who will offer top-quality, higher level technical education to help close skills gaps in key STEM areas, this announcement is backed by £170 million of Government Funding.
The leads to set up the Institutes of Technology are:
- Barking and Dagenham College, east London
- Dudley College of Technology, west Midlands
- Harrow College and Uxbridge College, west Londo
- Milton Keynes College, Buckinghamshire
- New College Durham, north-east England
- Queen Mary University of London, east London
- Solihull College and University Centre, west Midlands
- Swindon College, Wiltshire
- University of Exeter, Devon
- University of Lincoln
- Weston College of Further and Higher Education, Somerset
- York College, York
Click here to read more.