It has been another busy year for us at Skills for Health. Following the successful development of the Registered Nurse (Degree) and Nursing Associate standards in 2017, the pace has increased significantly.
Following on from all the proposals submitted in 2017, we have had 11 standards approved for delivery including many at degree level and are heading towards the final stage of development for another 9 standards.
This year, Health Education England and Skills for Health have helped the health sector work on 29 new standards. Our Skills for Health facilitators have engaged with over 665 employers, 142 Higher Education Institutions and 213 stakeholders at various meetings and events.
We have also been very busy working on the development of the HASO website, with our toolkit section and two new tools added to help healthcare employers with the implementation of apprenticeships.
Thank you to everyone involved in all the projects for your continued hard work and support.
Below is a snapshot of the trailblazer work to date:
Proposals awaiting feedback
- Associate Continuing Healthcare Practitioner (Level 4)
- District Nurse (Level 7)
- Orthodontic Therapist (Level 4)
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Level 7)
- Speech and Language Therapist (Level 6)
Standards awaiting feedback
Standard approved, Assessment Plans in development or awaiting feedback
- Arts Therapist (Level 6)
- Clinical Coder (Level 3)
- Clinical Dental Technician (Level 5)
- Diagnostic Radiographer (Level 6)
- Environmental Health Practitioner (Level 6)
- Oral Health Practitioner (Level 4)
- Physician Associates (Level 7)
- Registered Nurse (NMC 2018) (Level 6)
- Therapeutic Radiographer (Level 6)
Standards approved for delivery in 2018
- Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Level 7)
- Ambulance Support Worker (Level 3)
- Mammography Associate (Level 4)
- Midwife (Level 6)
- Occupational Therapist (Level 6)
- Operating Department Practitioner (Level 6)
- Paramedic (Level 6)
- Physiotherapist (Level 6)
- Podiatrist (Level 6)
- Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician (Level 3)
- Prosthetist and Orthotist (Level 6)