The HEE Talent for Care Team are delighted to announce the launch of the expansion of the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship (RNDA) implementation in support of the 50k Registered Nurse Government Manifesto Commitment.
The full Government announcement can be accessed here.
The Apprenticeship work-stream will increase the uptake of RNDAs by 2000 apprentice starts per year, with at least 1400 NMC registered and employed Registered Nurses (Full Time Equivalent) by the end of 2025.
There are other work-streams supporting the programme including Nursing Associate ‘top up’ funding – watch this space for further announcements!
This funding is exclusively for the full RNDA programme, which runs typically over 4 years.
This RNDA apprenticeship campaign includes an ‘employer support package’ to support major area of concerns from employers (the costs associated with the apprenticeship):
- The new funding is £8,300 per apprentice per year for both new and existing apprentices
- The funding supports employers with expenses such as staffing costs while apprentices are undertaking education and training
- Registered Nurse Degree Apprentices are employed and are paid a salary by their employer, and the tuition fees are paid for through the apprenticeship levy
- Employers can also benefit from a new payment announced last month by DfE of £2,000 for each new apprentice they employ, aged under 25, and £1,500 for each new apprentice aged 25 and over (until 31 January 2021)
- HEE also are supporting the programme to support the increase in Learning Disability Nurse Degree Apprenticeships
- To help do this – Learning Disability Nurse Degree Apprenticeship offer – additional £3,900 per apprentice per year
To have an expression of interest pack sent to you, and send any questions, concerns, or information about the Nursing Apprentice Project please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Link in with your HEE Talent for Care regional Relationship Manager who will provide specialist advice at system and organisational level such as:
- Procurement support via the HEE facilitated national procurement exercise
- Help with forecasting and business cases
- Help with identifying your apprentices
- Contact details here
Launching soon – Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship implementation support
- HEE will be developing more resources and tools to help – including a new Registered Nurse Apprenticeships Costing Calculator – coming soon!
- Employers can build case for return on investment by inputting apprentice salary costs v international recruitment spend v bank & agency and use in of Support Business cases to Board
Click here to view our new printables – to support employers in calculating the cost benefit of Registered Nurse apprenticeships.