Occupational Therapist is a profession regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). The HCPC sets out the standards of proficiency which every Occupational Therapist must meet in order to become registered.
Occupational therapy is a rewarding career which requires a highly developed knowledge and professional skill-set which enables individuals in this profession to work across a range of settings and environments. With an understanding of the relationship between the human mind and body, occupational therapists enable people with various challenges to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.
They work with individuals from birth to end of life including those with physical and mental health conditions, injury, learning disabilities, long-term conditions, palliative care needs and with those who find themselves displaced from their societies. The primary goal as an occupational therapist is to enable people to participate in meaningful occupations and activities of everyday life. Occupations include things people need to, want to and are expected to do such as self-care, leisure or work.
The following apprenticeship in this occupation is approved for delivery:
- Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker
- Level 3 Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Level 5 Assistant Practitioner (Health)
- Level 6 Enhanced Clinical Practitioner
- Level 6 Occupational Therapist (degree) (HCPC 2013)
- Level 7 Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Degree)
Follow the link to see more about this apprenticeship including the stage of development, funding band and duration. You can also download the standard and end point assessment documents as well as checking the training providers and end point assessment organisations that may be available.
You can access our Pathways Tool here.
This tool allows you to see more about how apprentices may progress from one occupation to another.
- IfATE Occupational Maps – Useful for exploring apprenticeships by occupational route
- Level 6 Occupational Therapist (degree) – Information pack
- Level 5 Assistant Practitioner (Health) – Information pack
- Apprenticeship Costing Calculator / Planning Tools
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists – apprenticeship section
- Enhanced Clinical Practitioner – Employer Guidance
- Catherine Jay – Level 6 Occupational Therapist apprentice
- Lynette Evans – Level 6 Occupational Therapist apprentice
- Stacey Pullan – Level 6 Occupational Therapist apprentice
- Grow your own – Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust Case study
- Sheffield Hallam AHP – Degree Apprenticeship Interview
- Meet the Chairs – Physiotherapist & Occupational Therapist Trailblazer