We last updated you in October 2021 that the Peer Worker Apprenticeship Trailblazer group had submitted their standard and EPA (End Point Assessment) to IfATE (Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education) for review and the group hoped that the standard will be ready for use in early 2022.
Since October the trailblazer have been busy and wanted to share an update with employers and training providers about the progress of the Level 3 Peer Worker apprenticeship standard:
- The group have published resources to support employers, including Peer Worker FAQs and Peer Worker stakeholder slide deck
- The Standard and EPA are approved and published on HASO .
- The employer group have been supporting small providers and large training providers to connect in preparation for procurement, while they wait on funding band approval. You can find out more here – Peer Worker Apprenticeship Provider Networking Directory
- While the employer group wait on funding band approval, they have drafted a tender specification, and will be looking to procure training providers in summer 2022
- Plans are underway to officially launch the Level 3 Peer Worker apprenticeship once ready for delivery – watch out for launch webinar and employer guide coming soon!
If Employers, providers and wider stakeholders would like to learn more please contact Marissa Lambert, Chair and Programme Lead, Marissa.Lambert@nottshc.nhs.uk
Click here to access our October 2021 Peer Worker apprenticeship update.